Engineering is a wide and changing environment and potential loss of knowledge within the NZ engineering industry is significant.
There is a need for additional workers to replace retiring older workers and currently, an estimated 500 additional professional engineers and engineering technicians are required each year nationwide to replace people who are moving out of the engineering discipline, mostly because of retirement but also because of shifts into other job areas.
As time goes on, new graduate engineers will increasingly be replacing older, more experienced engineers. When this occurs it will be critical that employers have succession systems in place to ensure an effective transfer of knowledge.
Engineering roles in NZ include;
- Chemical engineer
- Process Engineers
- Civil engineer
- Civil engineering draughtsperson
- Civil engineering technician
- Construction engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Instrument and electrical engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Mining engineer
- Petroleum engineer
- Production engineer
- Structural engineer
- Transport engineer
- Bridge Engineer
- Lead Design Engineer (Civil)
- Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Electrical Estimating Engineer
- Overhead Line Engineers
- Principal Geotechnical Engineer
- Principal Line Design Engineer
- Principal Structural Design Engineer
- Project Controls Engineer
- Project Engineer – Mechanical
- Senior Drilling Engineer
- Infrastructure Support Engineers
- Engineer, Drill & Blast
- Project Director
As technology and legislation moves forwards, so does the need for modern day engineers across all disciplines.
Our services are tailor made and guaranteed. Contact us here.
Relax throughout the recruitment process, with 100% confidence in Hard Hat Recruits.