- Stunning locations
- Some travel and working away, as required
- A fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader
Our clients have openings for experienced Line Mechanics, experienced in working at heights and carrying out the construction and maintenance of distribution lines. A relocation package may be on offer for the right person.
About the role
To ensure the construction and maintenance of electrical lines on the distribution network are completed to customer and network requirements in a timely, appropriate, and efficient manner. About 90% is overhead work with some underground cable terminations and equipment installation.
- Undertake line work using best industry practice and to the skill level expected of a qualified Line Mechanic
- Install and replace electricity network pole structures, overhead conductors, and associated distribution equipment
- Meet customer and regulatory requirements
- Adherence to best practices
- Maintain field paperwork, reports, and inspection documentation
- Compliance with health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements
Skills and experience
- New Zealand Certificate in Electricity Supply (Overhead Line Mechanic Distribution) Level 4 or equivalent
- EWRB Registration and current practising licence
- Experience of working on live lines or glove and barrier an advantage, but not essential
- Full clean New Zealand Class 2 Drivers Licence required. Class 4 an advantage
- Strong focus and thorough understanding of safety
- Comfortable working at heights
- Ability to work well within a diverse team
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Physical ability to perform the role
- Competent in the use of truck mounted cranes and Elevated Platform Vehicles. Having a unit standard in the use a truck mounted cranes an advantage
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
We are unable to consider overseas applications for this role at the present time.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call the team on 09 282 3156 quoting reference #5710.