- Build magnificent gardens
- Lead an established team of 2
- Fabulous Location and employer
- Market competitive salary, love your work and maintain and build the gardens of dreams for the community and its visitors
Best job in the world – work in the fresh air, use your creative and horticultural magic to maintain and manifest beautiful gardens for the community and its visitors.
About the company
This opportunity is based in New Plymouth and if you have never been, you have no idea what you are missing.
Beautiful location, be up a mountain and on the beach all in the same day, have reasonable house pricing, great schools and access to everything you need; and YES have THE job of your dreams being able to build, create, maintain and sustain beautiful parks and gardens for the community and its visitors.
About the role
Working to the Operations Manager for the Regional Gardens you will be based in Tūpare and have a fabulous team of 2 experienced gardeners.
You will be managing the day to day garden operations, promoting Tūpare as a recreational facility and showcasing your work curating the gardens and plant collection for generations to come.
The general public may bask in beautiful gardens, but only truly experienced horticulturists know the sheer hard work and dedication that is required over many years to build this magnificence. Come and build on the exiting Head Gardeners work of 16 years – it’s an amazing place to represent and work in.
- Present Tūpare to the required standards defined in the asset plan
- Apply curatorial skills to the maintenance and enhancement of the plants and planting
- Participate in the full range of gardening duties
- Welcome and conduct visitors around the property, including house tours sharing the history and stories associated with Tūpare
- Must be able to physically work this position
- May be required to work outside normal hours including weekends if needed
- May be required to work with hazardous substances
Skills and experience
You will be experienced and qualified in public gardening / amenities horticulture with knowledge of garden management, trees and plants both native and exotics.
In addition, you will have
- Experience in people leadership and be a great team leader and member
- Practical experience in garden maintenance
- Extensive experience in plant care
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to operate a wide range of power and hand powered tools
- Able to drive a manual vehicle (and have licence)
I could write about this role for ages and pages so if you require more information or have queries, please give me (Alison) a ring on 09 42 11 002
Love what you do, deliver, job satisfaction, service first, effective communication and teamwork are what makes this a great place to be.
- Self driven flexibility
- Great team
- Great manager
- Great company
What do I need?
- 3 years; experience in a similar role
- Relevant Qualifications in Horticulture
- Ability to build your team and garden is really important
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Alison Gill on 09 42 11 002 quoting reference #1012.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.