- Time served qualified fitters on afternoon shift: 3pm – 11pm
- One-week extra leave on night shift
- Competitive base salary plus allowances and overtime rates
- Competitive Salary
Are you a time served trade qualified fitter looking to secure a permanent role within manufacturing ? We are in growth mode and are the best at what we do – join us.
About the company
Join one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of packaging for multiple industries, both nationally and internationally.
About the role
Qualified Maintenance fitters to work on Days or Afternoons at our manufacturing plant in Auckland. This is a great opportunity to work for a large employer who invests in their staff and promotes from within. You will have great trouble shooting skills with experience in packaging machinery being a huge advantage.
In this role you will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager and be involved in all projects around repair and preventative maintenance.
- Focussed on keeping production running
- Reduce breakdowns
- Carry out preventative maintenance on machinery
Skills and experience
- Trade qualified
- Troubleshooting skills
- Carry out root cause analysis to diagnose breakdowns
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Comprehensive understanding of electrical components and systems
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Ability to work autonomously – essential on nightshift as sole charge
- Previous night shift experience advantageous
- Stringent Health & Safety behaviours
Ideally you will come from a similar, fast paced production environment.
- Positive, supportive, and professional work environment
- Competitive hourly rate + allowances
- 5 weeks annual leave if working the nightshift
- 4 to 5% superannuation contribution
- Life insurance
- Income protection Insurance
- Free basic Southern Cross Medical Insurance
- On-site subsidised cafeteria
- Car parking
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Samantha on 09 320 4432 quoting reference #5798.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.