- Opportunity to join one of NZ’s largest growing organisations
- Great staff benefits
- Career Development
Electrician wanting to get off the tools? Look no further!
About the company
For more than 150 years, rail in New Zealand has connected communities, delivered goods and people around the country, and showcased our spectacular scenery to the world.
About the role
Working in the National Train Control Centre in Wellington you will be responsible for the monitoring and safety of the Overhead Traction networks throughout New Zealand.
Within the Traction team, you will work hard behind the scenes to keep trains moving. You will maintain oversight of the vast electrified systems within the rail network, playing a vital role in ensuring maintenance staff and services can operate safely and smoothly.
The role is on a 24/7 rotating roster.
- Electrical Control Operations
- Systems Support
- Undertake both On the Job Training for prescribed competencies and attend training courses provided by the company
- Manage the Operation Support desk for night shifts.
- Able to travel and stay in electrified areas outside Wellington including Auckland for short periods
- Records Management
- Responsible for complying with rail safety system standards, procedures and statutory requirements within your area of responsibility
Skills and experience
To be successful in the role, you will bring experience that shows the ability to understand electrical systems and procedures.
- Electrical qualification, knowledge, or trade
- Strong problem-solving skills under pressure
- Good communication skills including a clear and concise voice
- A passion for learning with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and make safety-based decisions
- Full class 1 driving license
- Ability to work a 24/7 Rotating Roster
- Excellent overtime rates – time and a half Saturdays, double time Sundays & time and a quarter for weekday night shifts
- Access to discounted travel, health insurance & holiday houses across NZ as part of the Staff Welfare Trust
- Designated career pathway and room to progress with fully paid training
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Sam on 09 320 4432 quoting reference #5806
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at Hard Hat Recruits – Recruiting your Executive and Technical professionals in New Zealand