- Rotating shift roster AM-PM.
- Iconic NZ Business.
- Maximise efficiency of the plant
Base + Kiwisaver + Medical Insurance.
Drive performance improvement in plant maintenance. Maximise safety and productivity. Rotating shift roster.
About the company
This company is a leading, iconic NZ food and solutions company, known throughout the world as a Kiwi success story. With seven plants across New Zealand their food is enjoyed in more than 65 countries around the world. This is a company with strong values that is proud to provide people with rewarding employment and the opportunity to develop their careers.
About the role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, we are looking for a qualified and experienced Maintenance Engineer to work on a rotating shift roster to ensure the smooth running of the Nelson based plant.
- Manage production site maintenance including refrigeration and cooling towers and hot water boiler.
- Fitting, Machining and Welding (both TIG and Stick) as required.
- Minimise downtime of plant by maintaining equipment
- Address and attend to breakdowns.
- Replace and/or repair damaged components.
- Support operations and operational equipment.
- Manage effective communications to all plant departments.
- Support and manage contractor access to plant where necessary.
- Maintain inventory.
- Maintain and support health and safety standards.
Skills and experience
You will need to have a Trade Certificate in Engineering (Level 4)
- Hold a limited Electrical Licence, drivers’ licence and forklift licence
- Proven computer skills – to an intermediate level
- Experience working with boilers, refrigeration cooling towers systems and chemical handling.
- Experience in Cade draw systems and Scada operation and systems
- Advanced Scott Bladestop Saw training.
- Maintenance and Diagnostic Skills
- Proven Workshop and Fabrication Skills
The company lives and breathes their values – they believe people are the most important part of their business and are committed to providing a safe working environment as well as ongoing support and training.
- Staff discounts on product.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Health Insurance subsidies for you and your family.
- Career Progression opportunities.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Natasha on 021 0286 3755 quoting reference #5836.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.hardhatrecruits.co.nz
Hard Hat Recruits – Recruiting your Executive and Technical professionals in New Zealand